How To Disinfect Nail Tools | Step By Step | 
Here are the best ways to clean your nail tools to keep them clean and free of germs and nasty things.
Here is the best way to disinfect and sanitize your nail tools. One of the most important things when it comes to a perfect manicure is to start with clean and sterilized nail art tools. If you are not cleaning your nail tools on a regular basis you are setting yourself up for infections. And if you are working in a salon, it's of the utmost importance to keep your nail tools sterilized and sanitized always with no exceptions.
Today we will discuss how to sanitize nail tools for those who like to DIY your own at home manicure. Also, you will learn what sanitizer is best to use on your nail tools and nail equipment. Let's explore together how to disinfect nail tools and keep them clean and free of germs and other nasties.
This method of cleaning and disinfecting is good for the following metal nail tools. Do not clean any electrical nail tools this way. Also, if you own a nail salon be sure you are following the proper procedures according to your government guidelines.
HOW TO DISINFECT AND KEEP YOUR NAIL TOOLS CLEAN
The best sterilizer for nail tools is Isopropyl alcohol that is 70%. WebMD states that when you use a 70% Isopropyl alcohol, is it better for disinfecting than a higher % because it has more water content which helps the disinfecting process. Resource WebMD & CDC
Here is step by step how to clean your nail tools with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol.
Step 1. After each use, place your nail tools into a bowl with warm soapy water. The warm soapy water will get into those hidden places and get all of those little bits out of hard to reach places.
Step 2. Let your nail tools soak for about 5 minutes. Let your nail tools sit in the soapy water even longer, up to 10 minutes if they are especially dirty or have not been cleaned for a long time. Now is the perfect time to get out a toothbrush and gently & thoroughly clean inside the hard to reach places to make sure there is no skin, dirt or nail leftovers.
Step 3. With freshly cleaned hands or using nitrile gloves, remove your nail tools from the soapy water and pat completely dry with paper towel. Pay attention to any bits of skin, nail residue or dirt that might still be on the nail tool, especially inside nail clippers.
Step 4. Place into a bowl and cover completely with 70% Isopropyl Alcohol and let them sit for 30 minutes.
Step 5. Remove the tools from the Isopropyl Alcohol with clean hands.
Step 6. Let your tools air dry on paper towel.
Step 7. Store nail tools in a clean, dry place. It is important to store your nail tools away from dust, moisture and insects.
Use 70% isopropyl alcohol like this brand Jermee here on Amazon
Tips for using alcohol for disinfecting nail tools
1. Do not use alcohol on painted, varnished or lacquered nail tools. Alcohol can break down the coating and do major damage to your nail tools. It's best to use stainless steel manicure tools.
2. Never dilute the 70% isopropyl alcohol for disinfecting nail tools. The best % for killing bacteria is 70%.
3. Keep your disinfecting solutions up and away from children and pets at all times.
4. Always use alcohol in a ventilated area. Alcohol is a volatile liquid which means it evaporates very quickly. So do keep windows open while cleaning your nail tools.
5. Isopropyl alcohol is not effective against mold and fungus. If your nail tools have mold or fungus, get a new set. Stainless steel is best. There are some professional nail tool sets here on Amazon.
6. When using Isopropyl alcohol on a regular basis, use nitrile gloves to protect your hands.
We hope you found this article helpful. Please save a Pin so you can find us again. And share on your social media.
MORE HELPFUL ARTICLES