ESSIE NAIL POLISH REVIEW + Top Selling Colors
Here is our essie nail polish review of some of their most popular colors.
Hi everyone! Today, we are going to share with you some thoughts on the essie nail polishes. We purchased the essie travel kit and want to show you the three colors that we like.
WHO IS ESSIE NAIL POLISH?
essie is a nail polish brand that offers an award-winning line of nail polishes and nail care products. Their company, essie, started in 1981 by their founder Essie Weingarten. Her first show was in Las Vegas when she released the first collection of 12 polishes.
essie is a nail polish brand for beginners and professionals. For more than 35 years the have been one of the top leaders in nail polishes that are offered all around the world. They offer a manicure experience with different color combinations that are great for everyone.
essie offers color collections for every season or event. They offer a salon-quality formula and cute names for their polishes that have led to the creation of thousands of shades.
Essie Nail Polish
Before using nail polish, give each bottle a really good shake. You can also rub the nail polish in between your hands to get it all mixed up. This is especially important for nail polish that has been sitting on the store shelves for a while.
The pigments and mica powders will start to collect on the bottom if the nail polish has been sitting. You can also turn them over and let them sit for a while before shaking too.
That will ensure all of the mica that has been sitting on the bottom, will now be near the top.
ESSIE NAIL POLISHES We Love
1. essie Blanc Nail Polish
This is ok for a quick manicure or touch up for when you are on the go, the formula is not as opaque as some of the nail polishes we have tried. We found for a totally opaque look, it's best applied with three thin coats. This polish dried super fast.
2. essie Ballet Slippers
A classic from essie, this color goes on with a subtle sheer finish that is great for any time of year. You really have to use this polish to appreciate how delicate and pretty this color is. It gives a nice glossy finish with two coats.
The Ballet Slippers is absolutely gorgeous and will be used in future tutorials so do be sure to keep watch for some DIY's coming up with that color. The color is soft and would be a great base for adding waterslide nail decals for a little extra.
3. essie Imported Bubbly
Really loved this color and the pearl mica that is in it. It has a glossy finish and looked amazing on the black nail tip that we swatched.
This would also look great with a matte top coat too and think it would pair lovely with a dried flower manicure. See our article best dried flowers for manicures.
The brushes are a bit tricky to use on long nails because of the amount of polish they can hold. It would be nice if these polishes came with more full brushes. But it is to be expected with a small bottle.
Just make sure you have enough polish on the brush so that you don't have to keep going over the same spots, because the polishes will start to dry and ruin your manicure. Really get the brush covered with the polish, especially for longer nails.
A good thing is that these polishes dry pretty quickly so they are great for on the go. You won't have to wait very long in between coats. If you are finding that your polish isn't drying quick enough, here are some helpful tip for drying nail polish faster.
After we swatched the Blanc nail color, it was already completely dry by the time the other two were done and it was ready for another coat.
Two coats of the polishes were applied onto a white and black nail tip to see how they would cover and what they looked like. The Blanc was ok, but definitely would need a third coat for total coverage on a dark nail.
For super opaque white polish, check out our guide of the best white nail polishes.
The formula that essie uses for Blanc does go on nice and smoothly.
essie base coat - Check Price On Amazon
essie top coat - Check Price On Amazon
10 Reasons Why essie nail polish is so popular
1. Color Range: Essie offers an extensive and diverse range of nail polish colors, from classic neutrals to bold and trendy shades, catering to a wide variety of preferences.
2. Trendsetter: Essie has a reputation for staying ahead of nail polish trends and frequently releases new collections that reflect current fashion and style trends.
3. Quality Formulation: The brand is known for its high-quality nail polish formulas that provide smooth application, vibrant color payoff, and lasting wear.
4. Professional Pedigree: Essie is often used and recommended by professional nail technicians and salons due to its reliable performance and professional-grade formulation.
5. Innovative Names: Each Essie nail polish shade comes with a creative and often whimsical name, which adds an element of fun and personality to the brand.
6. Longevity: Essie nail polishes are known for their durability and resistance to chipping, helping maintain a freshly painted look for an extended period.
7. Consumer Engagement: Essie actively engages with its customers through social media, encouraging user-generated content, nail art inspiration, and sharing of manicure looks.
8. Plant Based: Essie offers plant based options created with ingredients like cotton, corn and sugarcane.
9. Cultural Icon: The brand has become a cultural icon in the beauty and fashion industry, often referenced in pop culture, movies, and TV shows.
10. Accessible Pricing: While not the cheapest option on the market, Essie nail polishes are often considered reasonably priced for their quality, making them accessible to a wide range of consumers.
essie nail polish application tips
1. Before you begin your manicure, shake the nail polish enough to get all of the formula dispersed properly.
2. Since these polishes are light in color, they remove very easily with acetone.
3. Do be sure you have enough polish on the brush to make a smooth coat without having to go over the same spot.
4. These colors dry quite quickly so great for a super quick manicure.
5. To use on natural nails, it is best to apply one coat of a base coat onto your nails. Then follow with two thin coats of the essie polish.
6. For a manicure that will last a little longer, finish with a top coat.
7. Nail polish by essie that is unopened has a two year shelf life.
8. essie nail polish can be removed with acetone and a lint free nail polish wipe.
So, what do you think? Are you ready to try essie for yourself? We hope this swatching has been helpful and that it gave you a good overview of the colors available in this kit.
Did you find this essie nail polish review helpful? We hope so!
Thanks for reading and being here with us today. If you would like to support our nail blog, we would love it if you could share this article on your social media or link back to this article from your own blogs, websites and Facebook groups.
We would really appreciate that so very much :)
MORE HELPFUL NAIL ARTICLES