13 BEST SELLING Retail Products To Offer In Your Nail Salon 
Here are some top selling products to offer in your nail salon or at home nail studio to bring in extra revenue.
If you own a nail salon, you're always looking for ways to bring in more revenue. Offering retail products is a great way to do that.
Not only can you make money from the products themselves, but customers who buy them are also more likely to come back and spend more money at your salon, even if they are not having a service.
So what kind of retail products should you sell at your nail salon? We will discuss some top sellers and also the best tips and ideas for selling products like handmade soap, jewelry and more.
Let's go through this list together and help you get more income per month.
Best Retail Products To Offer In A Nail Salon Or At Home Nail Studio
*Some items on this list are considered cosmetics. Check your local guidelines when selling creams, soaps, scrubs etc.
1. Essential Oils
If you're looking for ways to increase business at your nail salon, offering essential oils is a great way to do it! Not only will you be able to provide your clients with an extra service that they'll love, but you'll also be able to generate some extra income for your salon.
Offer a selection of real and high end essential oil blends that you think would be popular among your clients. Set up an area in your salon where you have a diffuser going. Just be sure that it is not overpowering! Less is more here :)
Do take note that there's a lot of fake essential oils out there. Do research on the brand before ordering to make sure they are 100% pure.
2. Cuticle Oils
If you're a nail tech, then you know how important it is to keep nails healthy and strong. Cuticle oil is a great way to do this, as it will moisturize and protect the cuticles. It can also prevent hangnails and other nail problems.
Cuticle oil is a great retail product to offer to your clients, especially the ones with the roller balls.
3. Nail Stickers
If you're a nail tech looking for ways to boost revenue, one great option is to offer nail art stickers at checkout.
Nail art stickers or waterslide nail decals are a great way to add some extra flair to your clients' nails, and they can also be a great conversation starter.
By offering them at checkout, you can give your clients the opportunity to add some extra personality to their nails - and you can also make some extra money. You can put them in a nice basket or box.
Nail art stickers are very inexpensive when you buy them ink bulk. Even if you sold each sheet for $2 you are still making over 100% profit on some sets!
So if you're looking for a way to boost revenue and build repeat business, consider offering nail art stickers at checkout. Your clients will love the extra touch, and you'll love the extra income.
4. Bath Oils
If you own a nail salon, you can make some extra money by selling bath oils. You can buy these in bulk from a supplier who will put your own private label on the blend. Packaging bath oils in unique apothecary jars will really up your game!
This is a great way to offer your customers a unique product that they can't find anywhere else.
5. Spa Gift Sets
Spa gift sets are perfect for a nail salon. You can either buy pre-made sets or pick your own products to put together a totally giftable package.
Either way, your customers will appreciate the thoughtful gesture, especially if they are looking for a gift! You will have saved them some time and an extra trip to another store.
To get started, take a look at what spa gift sets are available for purchase. You can find many options online or at your local stores. Once you have a few ideas in mind, start putting together sets that you think your customers would love.
Only include a variety of hard to find products so that the spa box is truly unique! And don't forget to offer different price points from $10 and up.
6. Hand Cream & Salves
Hand cream is another easy way to generate some additional income, and it can be a great way to add some branding onto the packaging.
All you need to do is find a good quality hand cream from a company that will private label for you.
7. Hand Scrubs
Handmade hand scrubs are one of those must haves to make extra money at your nail salon or home nail studio. By selling these scrubs, you can earn a profit while also providing your clients with a luxurious and pampering experience.
To make money selling hand scrubs, start by finding a private label seller that makes all natural scrubs. Offer high end scrubs that use essential oils and other natural ingredients that smell amazing and leave skin feeling soft and smooth.
Be sure to package your scrubs in attractive ways like organza bags so they look appealing to customers.
8. Handmade Soap
You can make some extra money by selling handmade soap. People love handmade soap for its natural ingredients and unique scent. Plus, it's a great way to support local businesses if you know of any soapmakers.
To get started, find a soapmaker who uses quality ingredients and has a good reputation. Then, stock up on their soap and start selling it in your salon. You can also order handmade soap in bulk from Etsy and package it with your own label too.
Our local hair salon just put out a gorgeous display of small handbags right at the front door and they are flying off the rack!
People just cannot refuse a good purse or handbag. And what are your customers doing while getting their nails done? Looking around the room.
So why don't you give them some eye candy! Find a local artisan or Etsy Shop Owners who offers deals for resellers. You can even find some amazing vintage handbags too.
10. Artisan Nail Polish
We all know the major brands that are in every salon. But what about the boutique brands and hard to find nail polishes that are vegan and cruelty free?
Reach out to some nail polish brands on Etsy to see if they offer reseller prices. The more unique and hard to find items that you offer, the better!
11. Rings & Jewelry
As a nail salon owner, you're always looking for new ways to bring in revenue. Why not offer rings and jewelry for sale? This can be a great way to make some extra money while also providing your customers with something they may be interested in.
You could team up with a local artisan but really the best way is to have your own label on the jewelry so you might want to check the wholesale jewelry sellers on Etsy first.
Here's some helpful tips for offering jewelry in your nail salon:
1. Choose the right jewelry. Make sure you select pieces that will appeal to your target market. If you have a mostly female clientele, consider offering rings, bracelets, and necklaces. For a more eclectic group of customers, opt for costume jewelry or vintage finds.
2. Display the jewelry prominently. Place the jewelry in a way that will catch your customers' attention. You might want to set up a special jewelry tree display near the cash register or in a high-traffic area of the salon.
3. Advertise the new products. Let your customers know that you're selling jewelry by sending out a special email blast. You could even offer a discount on nail services for customers who purchase jewelry while they're at the salon.
12. Boutique Perfumes & Aromas
Perfume is making a big time comeback, in fact our blog post about the best perfume shops on Etsy gets tons of visitors per month.
Artisan and hard to find perfume is a popular product that many people are willing to spend money on. By offering it at your nail salon, you can attract new customers and build your business.
You can even find a seller who will make your very own custom signature blend, now that's something worth exploring!
Just make sure you are offering only the best. Find the perfect blends of natural aromas that are trending.
13. Gift Certificates
One easy way to bring in some extra money to your nail salon is by offering gift certificates. This is a great option for customers who want to treat their friends or loved ones to a relaxing nail session. Plus, it's an easy way for you to boost your sales!
Tips For Selling Retail Supplies In Your Nail Salon
1. Have your own logo on products whenever possible. Branding is very important and you will want everyone to know where to go to get the good stuff.
2. Offer price point options. Different prices in your nail salon are important for a few reasons.
First, it allows you to offer products to a range of customers. You can have items that are $10 up to $100, which means that you can cater to people with different budgets.
Second, it helps bring in more money. If you only had items that were $10, you would make less money than if you had items that were $100. By having a range of prices, you can increase your overall earnings.
3. Never make a client feel they should buy something. Absolutely never make a client feel like they need to purchase something after a service.
4. Price your products reasonably. Nobody likes to feel like they are getting ripped off. Of course you will need to price your products so that you have a profit, but let's not overdo it.
It's better for your products to sell often, than just sitting there right?
5. Always have at least two items on sale. Having two items on sale (or special offer) is an effective way to show your clients that you appreciate them.
Make up a sign and put it into a frame with "special offer for you" written on it. It's all in the details!
6. Offer a sample if possible. If you are able to, offer a sample that someone can take home with them.
7. Make your display inviting. Take extra special care to make a display that someone can't look away from. Get some fairy lights, extra accents like candles and make it totally luxurious.
Another way to make your display appealing is not to have it too cluttered. Have only the very special items or best sellers out so that your customer doesn't get overwhelmed.
Also, adding some plants will give a natural look to your display and give it a feeling of calm.
The display is everything, we can't stress that enough.
8. Set a budget. Start offering products that you think are going to be a top seller. Once you start making money with those items, then you can take some of the profit to budget for more later on.
9. Manage the inventory & suppliers. Use your POS software or if you do not have that set up yet, you can make a simple spreadsheet in Google docs.
10. Wrap items ready for gifting. One of the best ways to sell items is to make them gift ready. Sometimes a simple bow and gift tag added to the packaging is all you need! This is one of the most effective ways to sell products.
When you can save someone time for an upcoming birthday, anniversary and special occasion it's a win for everyone!
We hope you found this article about retail products helpful and that you can now give your monthly revenue a good boost!
If you would like to support our nail blog, we would love it if you would share this article on your social media or link back to this article from your own blogs and websites. We would really appreciate that :)
More Helpful Nail Business Articles
Do you have a nail art Pinterest board? Here's a pin we made for you :)